Sunday, August 24, 2014

Super Hero Identities Exposed And Revealed!


Photo: © S. Banos

 A fellow photographer calls 'em my "dick pictures," guess I can't argue much there. They say you are what you photograph, so... I... errrr... Yeah, really don't know where to go with that either...


Photo: © S. Banos



Photo: © S. Banos


For the judgemental, at least ya know what ya get with these guys, unlike all the closeted, "straight laced," Gay bashing Republicans. These photos are taken at predominantly Gay, S&M "street fairs" in San Francisco that occur twice a year, in a closed off section of town ($10 entry). And since I'm neither Gay, nor into S&M, I suppose I am operating strictly in the capacity of voyeur, telling myself I'm a photographer who must document for posterity and understanding- not to mention the inherent humor of it all. Perhaps, the fact these images challenge us to more closely examine ourselves as a species is validation enough.

What I definitely can say is that they are nice enough to let me do my thing, while they do theirs...


Photo: © S. Banos

4 comments:

Sandy Wood said...

Stan! These are fantastic! I especially like the cell phone guys!

Stan B. said...

Cell phones, shmell phones. Call me old fashioned, but there are some things we can well do with less of in public.

Eric Rose said...

Where do you find these weirdos? I go off on vacation and what do I come back too!! Actually you should be entering these pics in the next photo competition. Who cares what the theme is, they will sure get some attention!

Stan B. said...

Usually on the way home from the market.

You're right about the attention- usually, whoever's looking will call out to every person within shouting distance to see them, they'll all have a few laughs, each one will contribute their own individual story, more laughs... and when the guffaws finally die down, it's time to get back to... serious photography again- NEXT!

Yeah, I've been there to witness it- more than once.